Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dining Room Chandelier's


I was over at my grandmother's house over the Thanksgiving holiday and I took note of her fabulous, old school crystal chandelier. She has had it for years. She has lived in three homes in Boston in the past 30 years, and the chandelier has been in all three dining rooms.

I love a great chandelier, but sometimes I feel like they don't always fit in the room.There are so many different styles to choose from, and sometimes, the gigantic crystal chandelier is not the way to go. Other styles include brass, glass, iron,  Tiffany style and beads.

When choosing a chandelier, be conscious of the style and size of the room. A large, formal dining room can handle a big, crystal chandelier, but in a smaller, casual dining room, a big crystal chandelier looks out of place.

Here are some various chandelier styles to consider:


I love the pineapples for some reason. I think this is better for a small/medium-sized dining room.


I love this for a more contemporary look. Perfect for someone who finds many crystal chandelier stuffy and old fashioned.


This makes an opulent statement. Make sure the rests of the room matches the style of the chandelier.

Modern look with Beads from Horchow

Casual, iron style 

Great for a more informal, rustic look.

Simple, shaded chandelier

Metal and mica with an "oxidized silver" finish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.