Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Gift Wrap



I have recently started my Christmas shopping and it got me thinking about wrapping my gifts.

I love to see a beautifully wrapped gift, but sadly, I am an awful wrapper myself. None of my mother's crafty skills got passed down to me. Despite my lack of skills, I am determined to make a bigger effort with my gift wrapping technique.

Naturally, the first place I go to is Pinterest, the home of all things crafty.

I found some great inspiration including how to make the perfect bow and how to wrap a present. You have to love Pinterest! I feel like you could find out how to do almost anything on here. Great time saver because everything is in one place.


OK, now that I have the basics down, I am moving on to the fun stuff: the sparkly, pretty wrapping paper. I am such a sucker for pretty paper and I buy it without having any gifts to wrap. I usually find great wrapping for very little money after Christmas when the holiday items go on sale. I stash it in my closet and forget about it which is pretty bad because I am pretty sure I bought some last year but, OF COURSE, I can't find it!

I guess that means I will be hitting the shops this weekend to pick some up. I love to go to places like Home Goods because they usually have really high quality paper and gift bags for very reasonable prices. You can't wait till the last minute though or there won't be any left. 

If price is no object, then I highly recommend Papyrus. They have beautiful gift wrap, and they often feature very unique, handmade paper items that you don't find in many places. 

Since I am an inexperienced wrapper, I picked my Mom's brain for the essential wrapping items to stock up on before Christmas. Here is her list:

Double-sided clear tape
Sturdy craft scissors
At least three rolls of good quality paper (the cheap stuff tears)
Gift tags or stickers
Two packets of tissue paper
Two rolls of ribbon

The color and style of the wrapping paper, tissue and ribbon can be whatever you like. My mother prefers green and red, but I love jewel-toned paper, no matter the season. You also can't go wrong with silver or gold. Whatever you do, just keep it festive.

Here are some examples of pretty paper that I have found.





Remember, no matter how badly you wrap your gifts, it is the thought that counts. so just do the best you can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.