Friday, October 12, 2012

East Coast Girl in the Kitchen

Blythe's Blueberry Muffins

Self.com


I am a big fan of blueberry anything and I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try. I came across a story on Self.com that featured Gwyneth Paltrow's favorite recipes. 

One of them is her mother's blueberry muffin recipe and they looked so good I had to try it.


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 2 eggs (preferably organic)
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375°. 
    Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. 
    Whisk butter, eggs and milk in a bowl. 
    Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl. 
    Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredient; fold in blueberries. 
    Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar. 
    Bake until muffins are golden brown and a knife comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. 
    Serve warm.






    Nutrition Information

    232 calories per muffin, 10 g fat (6 g saturated), 33 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein

    These were pretty easy to make and they turned out delicious. I will definitely be making these again soon. I think next time I will try whole wheat flour to see how it affects the taste. Whole wheat flour is much better than white, but with some baked goods, the taste isn't nearly as good. I will make sure to post about it when I make them.


Blythe Danner's Blueberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.