Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

                                                                   Photo by Matt Stone

The Waves in Scituate, MA


Things have been a bit hectic the last few days because of Hurricane Sandy. I found myself stuck inside all day because work and school were canceled. I wish I had been much more productive, but I spent most of the day relaxing with my family and catching up on my favorite TV shows. 

                                                                                           Lucas Jackson/REUTERS
Southampton, NY


The weather here in Boston has been windy and rainy, and they shut down the MBTA, which is UNHEARD OF. I've been lucky because we haven't lost power at my house, but plenty of my friends are in the dark this evening. 

To be honest, I'm most worried about NY and NJ. I have been following the storm and the pictures that I have been seeing are crazy. Half the city is dark and underwater and the subways have flooded. I don't think things will be back to normal in that area of the east coast for a while. 

                                                                                   AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews
Lower Manhattan


Anyway, I just wanted to check in. I know weather isn't something that I would normally write about on this blog, but it didn't seem right to let it pass and ignore an event this big. 

To everyone who has been experiencing Sandy in the last few days:

 Stay Safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.