Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Preppy Style: Sexy or Dowdy?


One thing that is is synonymous with the east coast lifestyle is preppy clothes. I happen to love preppy clothes for their clean lines and classic style. I know that the "Prep " look sometimes gets a bad rap and many people complain that preppy clothes are dowdy, boring, elitist or even (I apologize for the language but there is not equivalent) douchey.   

But I disagree!

I know that sometimes, when worn the wrong way, they can be all of those things, but done right, the preppy look can be sexy, fun, current and fashionable. 

Don't believe me? Continue reading and see what I'm talking about.



Classic trench and button down



Gwyneth Paltrow does preppy 


The ultimate British preppy, The Duchess of Cambridge


Adorable striped look

And I'm not just talking about the ladies. There are some pretty sexy preppy guys out there!



I love a man in a bow tie!



Pop of preppy color



Casual Preppy



Hello hot JFK Jr. lookalike

See what I mean? Preppy isn't what it use to be,  it's no longer just for country clubs and ivy league schools. 

The best thing about the classic preppy look: It never goes out of style, so when you look back at pictures of yourself in 10 years, you won't cringe and think "what the hell was I thinking?"

Looking to shop for preppy clothes? Check out some of my favorite shops for preppy gear:

Brooks Brothers
Ralph Lauren
J. Press
L.L. Bean
Lilly Pulitzer
Jack Wills
J. Crew
Kiel James Patrick

What are your favorite preppy brands?

*Note from the Blogger*

Very sad to report that Ralph Lauren is closing its collegiate label Rugby. Luckily for us, Ralph Lauren has many other brands that offer the preppy essentials.
Preppy Style | Sexy Prep |Dowdy Prep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.