Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Pie Recipes


Thanksgiving is less than a week away and its time to narrow down the pie options. 

My mother and paternal grandmother have always been pie bakers and for Thanksgiving they usually stick to the classics like Pumpkin and Apple.

My maternal grandmother, although an excellent cook, would have rather been anywhere except the kitchen. When it came to holiday pies, she always knew the best places to order one. Although she featured apple and pumpkin pie, her favorites were pecan, lemon meringue and anything else that struck her fancy. It didn't matter if it was appropriate for Thanksgiving or not.

In honor of my mother and  grandmothers, I thought I would share some great pie recipes that will suit all tastes.





















I am a huge fan of classic pies, especially my mothers apple pie, but I like to add in some different options like the peanut butter pie or the key lime pie. I like to have these because they are less pie-like than the more popular Thanksgiving options. These are great for non-pie eaters or children who are picky eaters.

Three More Pie Tips

I know that everyone likes to make their own pie dough, but not everyone has the time. Pillsbury ready-made pie dough is very good and super easy. Just defrost, roll out and you're ready to go.

If you are into pie and romantic comedies, rent the movie Waitress starring Keri Russel. It is a very sweet movie about a girl who happens to make amazing pies. I highly recommend it. 

Don't forget the vanilla ice cream! For some people (like me), apple pie cannot be consumed without it.

Happy Baking Everyone!

Thanksgiving Pie Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.