Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescapes


Thanksgiving is a holiday that is usually all about food, rather than table decor, but there are so many great fall colors that can be incorporated into a Thanksgiving tablescape.

Some of my favorite items to decorate my table are:

Goards


Mini Pumpkins


Bittersweet


Fall Themed Candles



Some people have special Thanksgiving china that they pull out each year. I prefer to stick with my white china from Wedgewood and use tablecloth's, runners, and cloth napkins for pops of color. 

Your table can be as simple or elaborate as you like. If you have a crowded table, a great option is to lay down a table runner, place a small floral centerpiece in the middle and add a fall-colored taper on either side. 

I like polish the silver, wash the dishes and set my table the day before Thanksgiving so that on the day itself, I have one less thing to worry about. 

Here are some great Thanksgiving tablescapes to help inspire you as you plan your own table.







I know that if don't have experience with entertaining, or if it's your first time hosting, creating these table set-ups can be kind of scary. No need to freak out! 

Sometimes less is more and all you need are some pumpkins and fall-colored votive's in the middle of the table.

If you are like me, and entertaining means "go big or go home,"but you are at a total loss on how to decorate your table, then just do what I do in a pinch. Copy something from pinterest! There are thousands of pictures of tablescapes that you can easily copy, gourde for gourde, candle for candle. Just make sure you find a good photo that shows the entire table set-up.

Good Luck & Happy Thanksgiving!

Tablescape Credits
Top/1/2/3/4/5
Thanksgiving Tablescapes and Decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.