Monday, November 5, 2012

What is an East Coast Girl exactly?



It was brought to my attention today that I never really defined the east coast lifestyle or what it means to be me, an east coast girl. Even though I can be sure that I am one (I've never even been to the west coast!), I never really thought about what exactly makes me an east coaster other than my birthplace and current geographical location.

I am not convinced that being an east coaster is all about geographic location because I know plenty of Boston girls who would be happier on the sunny beaches of Malibu and plenty California girls that I could have sworn came from Connecticut.

So what makes you (and me!) an east coast girl? I am not sure there is one right answer to that question. There are tons of stereotypes out there (do the works rude, difficult and hard to please ring any bells?) but not everyone is the same and it's not fair to put people in boxes. Just like I don't want to be called rude, I'm sure our friends on the west coast don't want to be called flaky beach barbies. 


Credit: Allure.com
The fact is, not all east coast girls are going to be preppy and brunette. I just happen to be an east coast girl who is a little bit preppy and most definitely a brunette!

Here are a few characteristics that I think make me an east coast girl:

I'm traditional

I have a take charge attitude

I'm a perfectionist

I know what I like

I'm gracious

I'm a worrier

and finally.....I always aim to please!

If you're wondering what all of this has to do with my The East Coast Life, I will tell you. 

When I post about the perfect place setting it's because I care about the tiniest details right down the the place cards.

When I show a link to recipe that I think would be perfect for a dinner party, it's because I am constantly on the lookout for the best recipes to please my friends and party guests because the idea of someone leaving my house unhappy bugs the hell out of me.

Remember my last post, where I talked about still looking my best, even on the weekends? I strive to look my best all the time because I am a firm believer that a lady always puts her best foot forward.

This blog is all about trying to live the best, most stylish life possible because I am out to live the best, most stylish life possible. Will I succeed? I'm not sure,  but dammit, I am going to try! 

What makes you an east coast or west coast girl? Comment below or on Twitter.



East Coast Girl Stereotypes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There! I'm always interested in other ideas and opinions. Please share your thoughts.